8/12/11

Scattered Trees

Scattered trees has long been one of my favorite contemporary-folkish-indie bands. By far my favorite song of theirs is 'Song For My Grandfather'... it's just hauntingly beautiful. Their new song 'Sympathy' is a really close second. I love the new music video, it's more of an art film than a background for the song.
So, without further ado, here they are!

Sympathy 

Song For My Grandfather


& I'm afraid I must apologize for the size of the videos, youtube was being a right twat when i was trying to put this together. Hope you liked it! 

If anyone's interested, their tour dates are below. Too bad the closest they get to Mpls is FIB territory (my fellow wisconsinites will know what I'm talking about). I might have to make that trip seeing as I have a certain someone to visit out that way yonder anyway....  :]



08.11: Knoxville, TN @ Calhoun's*
08.12: Atlanta GA @ Smith's Olde Bar * 
08.13: Chapel Hill, NC @ Local 506 #
08.14: Washington, D.C. @ The Red Palace #
08.15: Philadelphia, PA @ Kungfu Necktie #
08.17: Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Bowl, NY #
08.18: Boston MA @ Brighton Music Hall #
08.19: Montreal, QC @ Casa de Popolo #
08.20: Toronto ON @ The Drake Hotel #
08.21: Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Tavern * 
09.22: Champaign, IL @ Pygmalion Music Festival
09.23: Cincinnati, OH @ Midpoint Music Festival

* w/The Alternate Routes
# w/ Paul Dempsey and The Alternate Routes



No comments:

Post a Comment