11/22/11

Jar Lunches

Ooooooh, pretty right?


Lately I've been grasping at straws for ideas on how to reuse glass jars. Today it hit me: lunch containers. I usually treat my purse like it's a lunch pail with random granola bars & whatnot anyway. Plus, instead of using plastic baggies (ick) everyday you'll be helping out the environment & relieving your wallet just a bit. 


As for what to pack in your jar, off the top of my head:

Soup 
Spaghetti
 Yogurt parfaits
Anything scoop-able
Any pasta & sauce combo
Fresh fruits & veggies 
Pre-cooked oatmeal
Frozen smoothies
Applesauce
Dry cereal
Salads

Who doesn't love apple sauce? No one, shut up.


This list could go on for ever, it just depends on what your taste buds are craving. I feel like this should be obvious, but I love most of you too much to have you die of food poisoning so I'll say it anyway.. Do NOT pack food that with spoil unless you plan to refrigerate it during the day, or pre-freeze it. Also, pick a jar with a good seal. Alright, that's all for now kids, happy birthday.



1 // 2


No comments:

Post a Comment