2/27/12

Say Something Nice

Recently I had a Really. Bad. Day. The kind where you just wake up depressed & it seems like there's nothing you can do about it. I got up, dragged my butt to class & on the way through campus I saw a man, standing by himself, holding a sign that read "Free Hugs".  
It was the second time I had seen him. The first day I just passed by & I instantly regretted not hugging him. So when I saw him again, on a day when I could really use a hug, I took it as a sign. I walked over to him, & his smile infected me. Grinning, I wrapped my arms around him & gave him a genuine hug. In return he gave me a genuine hug back. 

You cannot imagine how happy & uplifted I was as I walked away from that encounter. It doesn't take much to restore your faith in humanity. All you have to do is give a hug. 

Or say something nice, to a street full of strangers who love you. 


1 comment:

  1. oh man! you are one amazing being Emma. You hold the best the universe has to offer in your heart. Love you my dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete